There is no right time to wait for when it comes to consulting a dietitian. If you are planning on a healthy life then it is best to get in touch with a dietitian because they will chart out a diet which will be ideal for you. The point of going for a diet is not to stop eating – it is to eat right and healthy.
Everybody’s body type differs and they need to have a balanced diet based on what works best for them. Your dietitian will prescribe a diet which will be best for you, but here are a few important questions that you must never forget to ask:
- The first thing that you should ask your dietitian is that whether or not you should get some blood tests done and check your vitamin levels. This will help your dietitian to understand which vitamins are lacking and what you need to have to provide your body with the nutrition that it needs. In fact, any good dietitian in Delhi that you consult will first ask you to get a few tests done. This helps in formulating a good and well informed diet which will in general push you towards fitness.
- The next thing that you will need to ask your dietitian is whether or not you will be able to have snacks. It is very important to know when you can snack and what you can snack because they can either be extremely good for your health or extremely harmful. Also take a note of what snack you can have at what time of the day. The intake of food should ideally decrease as the day progresses, so just make sure that you know what to have when.
- The other thing that you need to ask your dietitian is the kind of exercise regime that you need to follow. There are certain diets which restrict any vigorous physical exercise. So you need to know what kind of diet you are going for and how much physical exercise is permitted under the folds of this diet. If you cut back on carb intake and increase your exercise regime, then it might do more harm than good. Hence it is very important to find out what will be the perfect balance for you based on the diet.
- The next thing that you need to find out is at what times of the day you should have your meals. Time is of essence when it comes to a successful diet. The body’s metabolism rate varies as the day progresses and hence it is important to time your meals for proper digestion.
- And finally, do not forget to ask your dietitian whether or not you can have a cheat day. Cheat days are something that a lot of foodies who are on a diet look forward to. This helps them to maintain the diet throughout the week in the hope of one day in the week where they can gorge their favourites.
Keep these questions in mind when you visit your dietitian. Get it all cleared out and then go ahead with your diet!