It is always a tedious job to take care of your car through legal aspects. It is a legal requirement as per the Motor Vehicles Act of India, 1988, that every car should have at least mandatory third party car insurance. Since the Act is regulating this for people’s safety, it is our responsibility and duty to find a good insurance for the same. The online car insurance market is filled with advertisements and marketing schemes. Starting from the web browser to the car insurance provider, all have marketing strategies of their own. Sometimes people end up choosing an unworthy car insurance policy online. Therefore, it is hard to find a good online car insurance company. The very question that comes up to the mind is ‘which is the best company to buy a car insurance?’.
People get tricked into various insurance policies, not just car insurance per se, but other types of policies as well. These frauds create a bad impression and trust issues because of which even a good service provider can be viewed with an element of doubt. The thing to jot down here is that the best service provider also survives regardless of any allegations or doubts. This is owing to its honest policies and customer value to the company. A good company is always true to the customer and its services corroborate the brand value. There are certain tips which need to be followed to buy online car insurance:
- Insurance company: ACompany’s services and its public reviewsshould always be considered while looking for car insurance. Public reviews reflect the difference between a company’s actions and promises.
- Feature to expense ratio: Different companies provides a different amount for the same type of coverage in the policy. Therefore it is better for you to compare, the amount the company is offering for a particular feature, with the prices that other companies are offering for the same.
- Sort the Add-ons: Add-on is the extra features the company offers in addition to the base policy. Sort out the exact type of add-ons you need and negotiate the value with the service provider so that you get the best deal that you deserve.
Which Company Provides The Best Service?
With a plethora of online car insurance companies, it is hard to choose the perfect one which suits your requirement and needs. Ideally, the customer should choose the car insurance which covers the damages caused to their cars and the damages done to the third party. Sometimes natural calamities have their own harsh consequences. It is mandatory to choose a policy which covers both these aspects. Here is a list of some chosen car insurance companies whose information you need to know.
- ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd: It is the result of a joint venture of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and ICICI Bank Limited. This online car insurance policy has a range of covers starting from loss or damage to your vehicle against natural calamities, loss or damage to your vehicle against man-made calamities, personal accident cover, to the third-party legal liability. This service has more than 3,500 network garages across the country. From minor repairs like fixing a flat tire to emergency services, ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. offers it all.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd: The ERGO International AG joined hands with HDFC Ltd to form HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. The company offers private car insurance, two wheeler insurance, liability-only policy, and commercial vehicles insurance. One of the key features of this company is that it offers transparent claim settlement process. Also at 3,400 authorized network garages in the country, you can fully enjoy the cashless claim service under the company expenses. For motor insurance, health insurance, or travel insurance, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is the apt company to go for.
- United India Insurance Company Ltd: Established in 1938, it is a nationalized government-owned company which offers insurance for private cars, two-wheelers, and commercial vehicles. Their reputation lies in the customer value they offer and are well known for their discount scheme for customers.
Which Company Is The Most User-Friendly?
The choice of the best online car insurance company lies in the customer’s reviews and their ultimate choice. Apart from the above three, we have two more insurance provider’s names listed as the top-notch service providers.
- The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd: Incorporated in the year 1947, the company offers for accidental damages and third-party liabilities. Apart from that, it also offers zero depreciation cover, loss of personal effects, alternative care benefits, and free emergency benefit services.
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited: Established in the year 2000, the company offers motor insurance, health insurance, and travel insurance too. Apart from add-ons, no claim bonus and other basic services it offers roadside assistance which stands out from other online car insurance providers.